Congratulations to the following WH&LA member properties on their recent awards & recognition!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center; Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay; and Brookfield Suites Hotel & Conference Center were awarded TripAdvisor’s 2012 Certificate of Excellence, in recognition of consistent commendation from travelers.
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee received the inaugural 2012 Religious Conference Manager Praise Award for superior service.
The following properties were named one of “44 Midwest Resorts We Love” by MidwestLiving.com:
- The Abbey Resort, Fontana
- The American Club, Kohler
- Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- Garmisch USA Resort, Cable
- Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells
- Heidel House Resort & Spa, Green Lake
- Holiday Acres Resort, Rhinelander
- Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake
- Treeland Resorts, Hayward
- Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort, Wisconsin Dells
The following properties were named one of “15 Favorite B&Bs, Hotels & Resorts” by MidwestLiving.com:
- The American Club, Kohler
- Canoe Bay/Relais & Chateaux, Chetek
- The Delafield Hotel, Delafield
- Intercontinental Milwaukee
- Old Rittenhouse Inn, Bayfield
- Sundara Inn & Spa, Wisconsin Dells
- White Gull Inn, Fish Creek
- Wild Eagle Lodge, Eagle River
Tags: abbey resort, airport, American Club, award, Best Western, Brookfield Suites, cable, canoe bay, chetek, chula vista, coachlite inn, conference center, delafield hotel, Door County, door county hotels, eagle river, fish creek, fontana, garmisch usa resort, Golf, great wolf lodge, green lake, heidel house resort, holiday acres, hotel, hyatt regency, intercontinental, kalahari resort, Kohler, Midwest Living, midwest vacations, Milwaukee, old rittenhouse inn, osthoff, resorts in wisconsin, Rhinelander, sister bay, spa vacation, spas in wisconsin, sundara, treeland, TripAdvisor, White Gull Inn, wild eagle lodge, wilderness hotel, Wisconsin Dells, wisconsin dells vacation
The WH&LA Board of Directors would like to invite lodging property owners and managers in the area to attend a special WH&LA Briefing Luncheon on Wednesday, September 15th from 11:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. at the Holiday Acres Resort in Rhinelander. This is a great opportunity for you to meet our leaders, learn about what they are working on, and to participate with your opinions at committee meetings – in a location not too far from you!
In addition to joining our 2010 Chairman of the Board Kirk Drusch and other Board members for lunch, the following information will be shared:
- Ira Hartman, president of the Northwoods Chapter of the WH&LA will give a brief overview of the current issues facing area properties, to increase Board awareness
- The WH&LA will provide a brief overview of a few key legislative and other issues of concern to Wisconsin’s lodging industry, such as updates on the Statewide Smoking Ban and Room Tax action underway by the WH&LA
- Lola Roeh, Chair of the Sustainable Tourism Funding Task Force, will provide an update on State Tourism funding cuts and what the future may hold.
In addition to the Briefing Luncheon, we will also have Committee meetings that WH&LA members are invited to sit in on. The following is a brief schedule for the day:
Wednesday, September 15th
- 8:15 – 9:00 am Education/Conference Committee
- 9:15 – 10:15 am Membership/Services Committee
- 10:30 – 11:30 am Communication Committee
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. WH&LA Briefing Luncheon (Advance registration required)
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Legislative/Tourism Committee
- 3:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. WH&LA Room Tax Task Force
- 6:00 p.m. Reception followed by Dinner at the Three Coins Restaurant at Holiday Acres Resort (Advance registration required)
You are welcome to join us for any portion listed that you are interested in… however we do kindly ask that you RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough hand-outs and seats for you and other attendees, and so that we can have your meal selection prepared. A fee is required for meal registrations to cover the costs of your meal plus all tax and gratuity, however there are no fees for members to attend Committee meetings. The deadline to RSVP is Monday, September 6 by 3:00 pm. Should you wish to receive a set of the meeting agendas, or have any questions, please contact Pamela at 262-782-2851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Briefing Luncheon, Committee Meetings, Holiday Acres Resort, Rhinelander, WH&LA, Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association