The May 5 WH&LA Capitol Insider provided a round-up review of several issues relevant to the lodging industry, including:
- Passage by the Joint Finance Committee of the proposed increases in Tourism Marketing Funding over the next two years;
- Reductions in funding and realignment of the Arts Board;
- SB 59, which would extends the deadline for registration with the DNR of a grandfathered pier from April 1, 2011, to April 1, 2012;
- Wisconsin Act 16, which prevents local ordinances from exceeding the state family and medical leave act relating to employer requirements on paid or unpaid leave; and
- SB 85, which would treat lack of payment for services rendered by a service provider the same as retail theft, which would be a misdemeanor or felony depending on the value of the service.
The entire Capitol Insider can be accessed here by clicking on the May 5 link. This link is password protected for lodging members only – contact Michelle in the WH&LA office if you need access to your password or help logging in.