The Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association (WH&LA) honored the stars of the industry on Monday, November 6th at the Wisconsin Lodging Conference and Trade Show at the Potawatomi Hotel and Casino
Local hospitality supplier Jennifer Church of Milmark Hotel/Motel Investments was honored with the “Associate of the Year Award” for 2017. The award recognizes one professional each year who services the Wisconsin lodging industry in an exemplary manner. Church was presented with the award by 2016 “Associate of the Year” Jim Laurino from Charter Spectrum.
Hotelier Becky Rogers of IDM Hospitality was honored with the “Corporate Champion of the Year” award for 2017. This award recognizes one individual in key management of a company owning/operating multiple lodging properties in Wisconsin. Rogers was presented with the award by the 2016 “Corporate Champion of the Year” Amy Simchak, North Central Group.
Madison hotelier Skip Harless, General Manager of the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, was awarded the annual “Innkeeper of the Year” award for 2017. The award recognizes outstanding leadership in the Wisconsin lodging industry each year. For the past 3 years, Harless has been responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operation of the 240-room full-service Hilton hotel. Harless was presented with the award by 2016 “Innkeeper of the Year” Charlie Eggen, Madison/Verona.
Additionally, ten non-managerial employees were honored with the “Spirit of Hospitality” award which recognizes employees that exceed guest’s expectations, are wonderful examples to the rest of their team, and help to make the hospitality experience in Wisconsin legendary. Three award winners were not in attendance and will be honored at their property. 2017 Spirit of Hospitality Award Winners:
- Josh Buttram, Bistro Chef at the Courtyard Madison East, Madison
- Maria Cerna Ortiz, Housekeeper at the Hampton Inn Appleton
- Abigail Elder, Bartender at the Amber Grill at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center in Stevens Point
- Charles Feit, Guest Services Representative at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
- Jesse Frost, Steward at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center Stevens Point
- Madelyn Lutz, Guest Services Manager at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Verona
- Jacob McDonald, Maintenance Engineer at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center Stevens Point
- Ryan McRae, Assistant General Manager – Operation at the Ambassador Hotel & Ambassador Inn Milwaukee
- Rick Rehfeldt, Concierge at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
- Scott Stoltz, Resort Night Manager at the Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan
- Lisa Wendtland, Guest Services Representative at the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West
- Nora Xouca, Room Inspector at the Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton
- Jared Dove, Assistant Maintenance Manager, Hampton Inn Brookfield (Hero of Hospitality)