You are currently browsing the archive for the Uncategorized category.
We are delighted to welcome these new members to the WH&LA!
Located on Highway 21 across from Bughs Lake and near Waushara Country Club. This 51 room hotel provides friendly service and easy access to area attractions. Silver Lake or Irogami Lake are nearby, and Nordic Mountain is less than 10 miles from the property.
The Art House is a new hybrid concept design that we call a Hometel. All the comforts of home, and all the conveniences of a luxury boutique hotel. With 20 rooms, they are one of the first hotels in the area to combine all the best features of the home sharing/Airbnb experience, with all the best amenities of a locally owned luxury boutique hotel.
North Star Mohican Casino Resort offers you the best of Las Vegas-style entertainment in the Northwoods in an elegant, spacious, comfortable, natural light setting. North Star has been recognized as the Official Best Casino in Wisconsin for 2012! Relax in the 130 room hotel and the Aveda concept Terradea Spa.
Coffee Jar has at least five wonderful coffees available at any time. Coffee changes seasonally, like any produce, and we change with it throughout the year. Expect the best coffee and greatest convenience when you buy Coffee Jar brand.
The Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association is pleased to offer co-op opportunities in the 2018 Lodging Directory so that your property can be included in a full-color display ad! Ad size depends on the number of participants, with the goal of one or two full pages. By purchasing a co-op ad you will receive:
- 50 words of text and a color photo.
- An affordable chance to further promote your property to 175,000 travelers.
- Inclusion in a full-color professionally designed ad with your listing information.
- Ad placement in a premier position.
Snowmobile Destinations Co-op ($599) Order Now
Golf Destinations Co-op ($599) Order Now
Travel Green Co-op ($425) Order Now
Listing Photo ($299) Order Now
As a WH&LA member you are already part of the 2018 Wisconsin Lodging Directory, but you can do more to enhance your listing! Add a photo to your listing and stand out to travelers searching for lodging properties. Again this year, listing photos are even bigger.
For just $299 your picture can be included. Just fill out this simple online form - https://www.tfaforms.com/4646421
Employment and Labor Law Update – an Insider’s Guide for Wisconsin Hospitality Employers
Our most requested speaker is back again to cover new issues relating to employment labor law developments that impact Wisconsin hospitality employers. This nationally renowned speaker will provide relatable scenarios and advice on how to remedy them.
This session covers current labor law developments, including the latest on overtime regulations, and how to protect your property from costly mistakes.
Year-after-year this session is among the most valuable to conference attendees because of her timely and succinct information provided in a way that you can apply to common situations at your property.
For More Information: Visit our Conference Web Site
Contact the Potawatomi Hotel at 800-729-7244 or visit their website and enter the Group Code WHL11052017 to reserve a room in the Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Room Block for the special rates of $107 single/double standard room and, plus applicable tribal, state and local taxes in effect at the time of check in. The deadline for the room block rate is October 13, 2017.
Full Conference Package with Sunday Reception – only $245
Monday/Tuesday Conference Package – only $215
Women in Lodging Leadership Luncheon & Panel
Register now for lunch and discussion with Industry Leaders directly after the Wisconsin Lodging Conference & Trade Show!
Tuesday, November 7th
12:15 PM – 2:00 PM (Registration opens at 12:00 PM)
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, Milwaukee
$29 per person
Join us for an inspiring panel discussion of distinguished women leaders in the hospitality industry. Each panelist has a wealth of knowledge and experience based on their diverse and interesting career paths. Learn from their stories, career paths, successes, and challenges as women in the industry. Be inspired and motivated to continue your own journey! Register now
About Wisconsin Women in Lodging
To promote and develop women in the hospitality industry to help them grow both personally and professionally through leadership, education, and networking support.
Access to the AH&LA WIL searchable directory
Invitations to education events with inspirational women speakers
Networking & Mentoring Opportunities
Membership is free for anyone employed at a WH&LA member property. Men wishing to support the mission of WIL may also become a member at no cost, as long as their company is a WH&LA member.
The Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association will once again offer complimentary student registration, eligible students, for packages to the Wisconsin Lodging Conference & Trade Show at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in Milwaukee.
These student scholarship packages include the following MONDAY (November 6th) activities:
- Morning educational programs
- Recognition luncheon
- Afternoon educational programs
- Special student session
- Admission to the Trade Show
Why should you attend the 2017 Wisconsin Lodging Conference?
- Meet people – This conference is such a valuable opportunity for you to meet with key players in the industry from all over the state! This conference is such a key place to build a professional network and for a hospitality student, it would be a shame to pass up this opportunity.
- Let people meet you – Let key industry players meet you and have you on their radar for internships or work after graduation. Our conference is a great way to get your name out there as you begin to establish yourself in the field.
- Build knowledge about your field – The conference lineup offers a number of great speakers who are sharing valuable information about the hospitality industry. Attending our conference is a great way to get a better sense of what’s going on in the field and what is on the horizon!
- Applicants must be students enrolled in a hospitality program at a WH&LA member institution (WH&LA student section members will receive priority consideration).
- To apply, complete the form below and submit with a $10 refundable deposit, addressed to WH&LA, by October 17, 2017.
- Students who do not receive conference scholarships may apply their deposit toward a conference fee or request a refund.
- Scholarship recipients will receive their deposits back during the student session at the conference, provided they ATTEND THE FULL DAY.
CONFERENCE SESSION HIGHLIGHT #4
** watch for a featured session each week **
Managing Your Online Reputation: The Role of Social Media
As lodging properties are dependent upon a quality reputation in order to attract and retain guests, learn how you can best customize your social media approach.
Travelers are expressing themselves and sharing their experience in a powerful way across multiple social media platforms. No matter the size of your property, returning guests, prospective travelers and even future employees are looking at your pages and talking about you!
Our panel will discuss the necessity of user generated content and how to maximize regular social media interactions to ensure business success.
For More Information: Visit our Conference Web Site