WH&LA is hiring!
The Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association (WH&LA), the sixth largest state lodging association in the country, has a new opportunity available to join our team as the Manager of Sales & Recruitment!
The core function of this position is to identify and recruit new WH&LA members while retaining existing members. Additional responsibilities include selling advertising space, sponsorships, planning and executing the Trade Show at the Wisconsin Lodging Conference and more!
This position is responsible for the growth of our membership and the generation of revenue that funds our organization and the valued services that we provide to lodging properties around the state.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit and retain members to grow total membership, primarily through phone marketing and email communications, but also occasional in-person meetings
- Sell publication advertising, sponsorships, online marketing, and marketing packages
- Sell participation in our over 20 marketing programs enabling considerable savings for members
- Brainstorm ideas for new revenue-generating programs to help fund programs and services
- Manage our annual 80-booth Trade Show, selling booth space, communicating with exhibitors and on-site oversight of the show
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate for this position will be skilled at cultivating respected relationships via phone and email, with strong follow-up skills that demonstrate the value and highly respected reputation of our organization.
Some college, excellent and professional communication skills, and the ability to learn the structure and terminology quickly relating to the industry we service.
Good Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and database skills will be most helpful to both the candidate and to us.
We are looking for a candidate who would understand and feel strongly about what good we do for Wisconsin’s lodging industry and the owners/operators who manage and operate their small and large businesses.
We provide paid vacation, holidays, and sick (or wellness) days, 75% employer-paid health insurance, a Simple IRA savings plan where we match up to 2.5% of your contributions after one year. We also provide access to optional Vision Insurance, which is employee-paid.
This position provides a salary base ($38k – $40k/year) plus earned commissions.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org