The AHLA Stars of the Industry awards program was created more than 45 years ago to recognize outstanding accomplishments in the lodging industry. While the categories have evolved over the years, the concept is still the same — to honor lodging employees and properties that best symbolize the quality service of the industry. They want to hear your story!
The AHLA is now accepting nominations for their STARS of the member companies, properties, and employees are eligible to submit an entry. Nonmembers will not be considered. Not sure if your property is an AH&LA member? Just reach out to AHLA Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 289-3100.
Specific award categories are given based on property size. Size distinctions are small property(250 rooms or less) or large property (250 rooms or more). Important points to know about nominations:
- Nominees can be either self or peer-nominated.
- Support documentation may not exceed 10 pages. Videos may not exceed 3 minutes.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
This year’s Stars of the Industry awards highlight the best employees from five coveted categories.
- North Star Award: Lodging Employee of the Year
- General Manager of the Year
- Small property (250 rooms or less)
- Large property (250 rooms or more)
- Stevan Porter Emerging Hospitality Leader of the Year
- Paving the Way Award: Women In Lodging
- Innovation of the Year