Over the coming weeks, WH&LA will feature information on each educational session to be held at the Wisconsin Lodging Conference. The highlight series will give you a glimpse into the sessions, introduce the speakers, and provide a link to register to take advantage of the abundance of lodging information planned.
“In 2012, 45 percent of all [lodging operations] dollars were spent on personnel to manage, market and, most critically, to deliver hospitable service that creates memorable (and hopefully positive) guest experiences. Thus, managers spend a significant portion of their time recruiting, training, and scheduling employees.” (Mark Woodward/Robert Mandelbaum. “Pay Day.” Lodging Magazine
July 2013: 28-29. Print.)By utilizing the proper tools, you can be successful in assembling a strong team who will flourish and have longevity at your lodging property. This session will discuss the following tips and techniques for getting the right people on your team:
* Understanding the real traits needed for open positions
* How to hire t
he right people
* What affordable options are there for finding your employees
* How to interview using behavioral interviewing techniques
* How to use assessment tools properly
* How to get at information you would like to know, but it is difficult to ask
* What is a Retention Checklist, and how to best use it
* What are the current challenges to having the right people on your lodging team
Karen Spindler, Corporate Director of Human Resources, The Marcus Corporation
Clara Nydam, President, Career Momentum, Inc.
Register online now!
Session sponsored by: